Juanfran's message to Atletico fans for losing his penalty kick

Juanfran has written an apology letter to Atletico Madrid fans

– The player missed his penalty kick which eventually cost his side the UEFA Champions League title

– Real Madrid defeated Atletico 5 – 3 on penalties on their way to an 11th European title

After their penalty shootout loss to Real Madrid at the final of the 2015/2016 UEFA Champions League, Atletico Madrid defender Juanfran whose spot kick miss cost his side the trophy has penned an emotional letter to club fans.The 31-year-old’s described the situation with”tremendous sadness”, but appreciated the fans for having the effrontery to forgive him for failing to put his penalty kick at the back of the net.

He said: “Hello Atlético fans,” he started. “I have asked the club to address all of you with this letter to tell you everything I feel.

“I will never forget your displays of affection when I came to ask for your forgiveness. Seeing my tears reflected in the faces of the thousands of Atléticos that packed that end of the stadium helped me cope with the tremendous sadness I felt in those hard times. As well as the support of my teammates, coaches, and all the people that makes this big family.

“I also want to thank you for always believing in us and, above all, for proving that being an Atlético is something very special, different, and that our heart beats stronger than any other.

“Two years ago, I told you that we would return to a final, now, I tell you that Gabi, our captain, will lift the Champions League sooner or later, and we will celebrate it all together in Neptuno.

“I love you very much and GO ATLETI.”

GET for FREE: Get the latest sports news on Naij Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo converted the final spot kick after Juanfran sent his’ crashing unto the wood-work. Los Blancos defeated Atletico 5 – 3 on penalties after the epic encounter ended 1 – 1 after 120 minutes.

With the triumph, Real Madrid have now won the European title for a record elevent

0 comments:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of damianfans